UPDATED JAN 5, 2022
Welcome to our guide on mileage reimbursement and deduction in the US. Here, you'll find a collection of articles that will help you to navigate the rules for everything from reimbursing employees for their car expenses to deducting expenses as self-employed. You will also find information on how to keep a logbok and the current mileage reimbursement rates.
If you have questions like:
... then we'll provide you with quick answers while including important details.
Check the menu for an overview of articles. We hope you find what you're looking for! If not, feel free to reach out and tell us what we missed.
Try a mileage tracking app
Not located in the US? Check out our other guides here:
- Mileage guide for Canada (CRA mileage guide)
- Mileage guide for Australia (ATO mileage guide)
- Mileage guide for the UK (HMRC mileage guide)
- Mileage guide for Denmark
- Mileage guide for Sweden
- Mileage guide for the Netherlands